Game Notes (PDF)
FULLERTON, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton (20-13) begins conference play this weekend as they head to UC Santa Barbara for a three-game set with the Gauchos. The programs will have a doubleheader on Saturday beginning at 1:00 p.m. and then close out the series on Sunday at 12:00 p.m.
The Titans are coming off a midweek loss to No. 1 UCLA on Tuesday by the score of 5-1 at Easton Stadium. The lone Fullerton run came in the fourth inning on a Deshea Hill solo home run.
• With conference play starting this week, the Titans will look to defend their Big West crown once again as they look for their fourth straight championship.
• The Titans finish their non-conference schedule with a 20-13 record. At this time last year, they were 15-19 heading into BWC play.
• With the second official NCAA RPI rankings coming out this week, Cal State Fullerton finds themselves as the top team in the conference coming in at #59 overall. The next closest was Long Beach State at #81.
• The Titan pitching staff currently ranks second in the Big West with a 2.74 ERA, .227 opponent batting average, and 209.2 innings pitched. They also rank third with 170 strikeouts.
• The Titan defense currently ranks second in the conference with a .977 fielding percentage, a mark that also ranks 14th in the NCAA.
• Fullerton has been great at keeping the lead when they score first going a near perfect 13-1. Their only loss in this situation came in game one against LMU.
Freshman Alexa Neil is coming off her third Big West Freshman of the Week award last week and is riding a five-game hitting streak. In that span she is hitting 10-17 (.588) with two doubles and five runs scored. She also has a .611 on-base percentage and a .706 slugging percentage in that time.
Freshman Daisy Munoz is also in the middle of a streak, an 11-game on-base streak that is. In that span, she is hitting .375 with a .417 on-base percentage. She has collected 12 hits, four of which are doubles, and driven in four RBI.
Sophomore Taylor Dockins has been stellar as of late posting a 1.64 ERA in her last six appearances. She has totaled 21.2 innings allowing just four earned runs on 17 hits. For the season, she has lowered her ERA to 2.68 ERA.
SUPPORT THE TITANS!
Fans can purchase tickets for various Cal State Fullerton athletic events by visiting FullertonTitans.com/Tickets. The Athletic Ticket Office can also be contacted by phone at 657-278-2783 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ticket Office is located at the Titan House off of Gymnasium Drive at the eastern end of the Intramural Fields and is open from 10 am – 4 pm PT, Monday – Friday.
FOLLOW THE TITANS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titan Athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook/FullertonTitans), Twitter (@FullertonTitans), and Instagram (FullertonTitans). In addition, the softball team has established its own Twitter (@Fullerton_SB) and Instagram accounts (@Fullerton_SB).