FULLERTON, Calif. – Cal State Fullerton plays its third consecutive road conference game as they travel north for a game against the Aggies of UC Davis on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. The Titans will then return home and play host to Cal Poly on Saturday at 6:00 p.m.
• Cal State Fullerton is coming off a 65-41 loss against CSUN.
• The 41-point total against the Matadors is the lowest of the season for the Titans.
• Fullerton has already topped their conference win totals from the last two seasons with 11 Big West games remaining.
• The Titans have missed out on the Big West Conference Tournament the last two seasons.
OPPONENT AND HISTORY
7 p.m. PT | Wed, Jan. 24 | The Pavilion
• 27th matchup against the Aggies
• All-time record: 10-16
• All-time record on the road: 7-6
• CSF has lost the last 6 matchups
• Last matchup: UCD 59-39 at the Pavilion
• 15-3 (6-0 BWC) this season
• On a 15-game conference win streak dating back to last year
• Currently ranked 8th in the College Insider Mid-Major poll
• Averaging 73.7 points per game and allowing 62.6 ppg.
• Shooting 46.6% from the field and 39.4% from beyond the arc.
• The Aggies rank first in the Big West in almost every scoring cateory as well as second in blocks.
• Morgan Bertsch ranks 3rd in scoring (19.4 ppg), 2nd in field goal percentage (56%), 3rd in free throw percentage (83%), and 7th in blocks (26). She's scored in double-figures every game this season.
• Rachel Nager (11.9) and Pele Gianotti (10.1) are also averaging double-digits.
• 20-point games: Bertsch (9), Nagel (3)
• Double-doubles: Bertsch (1), Gianotti (1)
6 p.m. PT | Sat, Jan. 27 | Titan Gym
• 57th matchup against the Mustangs
• All-time record: 28-28
• All-time record at home: 18-10
• CSF has lost the last 4 matchups
• Last matchup: CP 73-57 on the road
• 9-8 (3-2 BWC) this season
• Went 1-1 last week with a 79-76 win over UCI and a 80-76 loss against UC Davis
• Averaging 73.5 points per game and allowing 75.5 ppg.
• Shooting 39.9% from the field and 33.8% from beyond the arc.
• Cal Poly has the second-highest scoring offense and their defense allows the most ppg in the BWC.
• Dynn Leaupepe ranks 2nd in scoring (19.6), 2nd in free throw percentage (84.8%), and 4th in steals (2 spg). She's scored 20+ in her last 6 games including 40 against UCR.
• Lynn Leaupepe is the only other double-digit scorer with 10.8 ppg.
• Double-doubles: D. Leaupepe (1), L. Leaupepe (1)
THE PAST IS THE PAST
Cal State Fullerton won their second conference game against Long Beach. That gives them two already this year, besting their BWC win totals for the past two seasons.
DEFENSE IS KEY
The Titans currently rank second in the Big West in fewest points allowed only allowing opponents 64.1 points per game. They have only given up 75+ points four times in thirteen games and have held their opponents to 60 points or less six different times.
BOX 'EM OUT
Fullerton currently ranks first in the Big West in rebounds allowed as opponents average just 35.7 rebounds per game. Overall, they are just one of four teams with a positive rebounding margin with +0.2.
THE HARADA ERA
Coach Jeff Harada and the squad have already accumulated seven wins with 11 games remaining. It's the most wins in a season since 2014-15 when the Titans won 13 games.
HANNAH FOR THREE
Junior Hannah Thompson tops the conference in three-pointers with 46 made three's and averaging 2.6 thee's per game. She currently ranks sixth in three-point percentage, shooting 39.7% from beyond the arc.
THE ROAD TO 1,000
Junior Jade Vega put up 13 points against UC Riverside. It gave her 206 points for the season and put her past another milestone for the season. She currently sits at 703 points for her career.
Freshman Triann Thompson started the season coming off the bench, but has now become a crucial piece in the starting lineup. She's currently averaging 8.4 ppg and has scored double-figures in four of the last six games..
Freshman Carolyn Gill has also earned a spot in Harada's starting lineup and that is largely thanks to her defense. She currently ranks first on the team in steals and second on the team in blocks. Her 1.6 steals per game ranks ninth in the Big West.
Just as she did last season, junior Daeja Smith has been a dominant force for the Titans this this season.Her 11.9 ppg is third on the team, 9.0 rpg leads the team, 49.1% field goal percentage leads the team, 1.6 blocks per game is first, and 30.6 minutes per game is second most. She also has eight double-doubles for the season, second most in the Big West.
THE 600-500 CLUB
Smith pulled down five rebounds in the game against CSUN giving her 500 rebounds for her career. It gives her 600 career points to go along with the 500 boards making her just the 19th player in program history to reach both numbers.
SUPPORT THE TITANS!
Fans can purchase tickets for various Cal State Fullerton athletic events by visiting FullertonTitans.com/Tickets. The Athletic Ticket Office can also be contacted by phone at 657-278-2783 or by email at email@example.com. The Ticket Office is located at the Titan House off of Gymnasium Drive at the eastern end of the Intramural Fields and is open from 10 am – 4 pm PT, Monday – Friday.
FOLLOW THE TITANS
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titans athletics by following us on Facebook (@FullertonTitans), Twitter (@FullertonTitans), and Instagram (@FullertonTitans) and Snapchat (FullertonTitans). In addition, the women's basketball team has established its own official Twitter page (@WBBTitans) and Facebook Page (@WBBTitans).