1 | Fri., Nov. 17 (7 pm PT) | vs. UC Santa Barbara (Fullerton, Calif.) | Live Stats | Audio | Big West TV
2 | Sat., Nov. 18 (7 pm PT) | at Cal Poly (Fullerton, Calif) | Live Stats | Audio | Big West TV
FULLERTON, Calif. - The Titans will wrap up their 2017 regular season this weekend as they'll host UC Santa Barbara on Friday at 7 pm PT and will hold their Senior Night against Cal Poly on Saturday at 7 pm PT inside Titan Gym.
The Titans suffered a winless week last week, as they dropped a couple of matches at CSUN and Long Beach State.
Tickets for all Titans home games can be purchased online at FullertonTitans.com, or at the Cal State Fullerton Athletics Ticket Office, located in the Titan House on campus off of Gymnasium Drive on the northeast side of Titan Gym. Game day sales and will call tickets will open one hour prior to the scheduled time at the specific venue. All Cal State Fullerton students with a school ID get free admission.
FOLLOW THE TITANS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titan Athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook/FullertonTitans), Twitter (@FullertonTitans) Instagram (FullertonTitans) and Snapchat (FullertonTitans). In addition, the volleyball team has established its own Twitter (@FullertonVB) and Instagram accounts (Titans_VB).
CATCH THE TITANS
Cal State Fullerton home volleyball matches will be broadcast live over the internet at FullertonTitans.com. The Titans also offer live streaming video for home volleyball matches courtesy of Big West TV. Fans can catch all the exclusive action from the comfort of their home computers. To access the links, click on the audio or live video links on the schedule page.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16 VS. UC SANTA BARBARA || 7:00 PM
Cal State Fullerton at UC Santa Barbara
Series Record: UCSB leads 8-66
Home Record: 4-32
Away Record: 4-31
Neutral Record: 0-3
Overall Conference Record: 8-57
PCAA Record: 0-6
Big West Record: 8-51
Current Streak: Lost 10
First Meeting: 10/01/82 at UCSB, L, 3-0
Last Meeting: 09/23/17 at UCSB, L, 3-0
UC SANTA BARBARA NOTES
• UC Santa Barbara enters the final weekend of league play at 6-7 in Big West play and in fifth place in the Big West. However The Gauchos are just 7-18 overall.
• The Gauchos rank second in the Big West in digs per set at 16.30 (15.57), fourth in block assists (308), fourth in total blocks (191), fourth in blocks per set (2.15),
• Lindsey Ruddins leads the league in kills per set (5.78) and overall kills (462). Emilia Petrachi is second in total digs (444), Nicole Omwanghe is fifth in blocks per set (0.97), while Annie Hasselmann (0.40) is third in service aces per set.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17 VS. CAL POLY || 7:00 PM
Cal State Fullerton at Cal Poly
Series Record: Cal Poly leads 53-10
Home Record: 7-22
Away Record: 3-26
Neutral Record: 0-5
Overall Conference Record: 10-43
PCAA Record: 0-6
Big West Record: 10-37
Current Streak: Lost 5
First Meeting: 09/17/81 vs. Cal Poly, L, 2-0
Last Meeting: 09/22/17 at Cal Poly, L, 3-0
CAL POLY NOTES
• Cal Poly enters league play with a perfect 14-0 record in the Big West, while it's already wrapped up the title and the automatic NCAA Tournament berth. It owns a 24-2 overall record.
• The Mustangs rank second in league in kills (1,322), first in kills per set (14.20), first in attack percentage (.317), second in assists (1,231), first in assists per set (14.15), fourth in service aces per set (1.44), and first in points per set (18.5).
• Torrey Van Winden (4.64) ranks second in the Big West in kills per set and third in overall kills (404). Savannah Niemen leads the conference in hitting percentage (.418), while Taylor Nelson leads all individuals in assists (11.91).
• The Mustangs were picked to finish second in the league according to the Big West preseason poll.
• Cal State Fullerton already has five wins this season after securing just six last year after going winless in 2015. Wins in their last two matches would top last year's win total.
• In their wins, the Titans haven't messed around, as three of their five victories have been three set sweeps, with the other two going just four sets.
• Fullerton has battled all season long, but have gotten unlucky when it comes to rallies. The Titans are 0-5 in five-set matches so far, while they've dropped the first two sets and have rallied to win the third and fourth set in three of those contests.
• Madeline Schneider leads the team 15 double-digit kill performances with a team best 296 kills and 3.29 kills per set. She ranks second on the team with eight double-doubles.
THANK YOU SENIORS
Saturday's match vs. Cal Poly will certainly be an emotional one, as seniors Kyra Hill, Shimen Fayad, Katie Roux, Alayne Thompson and Katelyn Nielsen will play in their final match as Titans. The match will begin with a pregame senior ceremony.
Freshman libero Savahna Costello has done it all defensively for the Titans this year. She leads the squad in service aces (25), total digs (329) and digs per set (3.58). Her digs rank ninth in the league, while her digs per set are ranked eighth. She was named to All-Tournament Teams in back-to-back weekends. She was awarded Towson Tiger Invitational honors, eventually leading to Big West Freshman of the Week honors on Sept. 11. She was also named to the Indiana State All-Tournament Team.
AN OFFENSIVE THREAT
Madeline Schneider's 317 total kills rank eighth in the Big West, while her 3.30 kills per set is ninth best in the league.
The Titans earned a 3-1 win over UC Riverside on Oct. 28th for their first Big West win of the season. It's the second straight year that a win over the Highlanders has marked the Titans first conference win.
CAREER NIGHT FOR SCHNEIDER…AGAIN
Just a week after setting a new career high for kills in a match, she did it again, this time vs. conference foe UC Davis on Oct. 14. She recorded 26 kills on a .371 attack percentage to go along with 12 digs. It marked her seventh double-double of the season.
Despite a 3-1 defeat at the hands of CSU Bakersfield on Oct. 3, Madeline Schneider stole the show, recording a new career-high 25 kills in the match on a .368 hitting percentage. She also produced 12 digs, marking her sixth double-double of the season.
The wins may not always be there, but the Titans refuse to give up. Fullerton owns an 14-22 record in sets three and four as opposed to a 16-43 mark in all other sets.
HAPPY TO HELP
Nastassja Bowman leads all Titans with 652 assists and 7.49 assists per set. She also leads the squad in double-doubles with nine. Her 7.49 assists per set rank eighth in the league.