FULLERTON, Calif. - Cal State Fullerton returns home to take on defending Big West Champions Hawai'i on a nationally televised ESPN 3 broadcast, Friday at 7 pm PT inside Titan Gym. Fullerton will then finish the homestand with CSU Bakersfield on Tuesday at 6 pm PT before heading to UC Riverside on Friday at 4 pm PT.
The Titans are off to an 0-3 start in conference play after dropping the Big West opener to CSUN, 3-1. Fullerton then fell at UCSB and Cal Poly.
Tickets for all Titans home games can be purchased online at FullertonTitans.com, or at the Cal State Fullerton Athletics Ticket Office, located in the Titan House on campus off of Gymnasium Drive on the northeast side of Titan Gym. Game day sales and will call tickets will open one hour prior to the scheduled time at the specific venue. All Cal State Fullerton students with a school ID get free admission.
FOLLOW THE TITANS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titan Athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook/FullertonTitans), Twitter (@FullertonTitans) Instagram (FullertonTitans) and Snapchat (FullertonTitans). In addition, the volleyball team has established its own Twitter (@FullertonVB) and Instagram accounts (Titans_VB).
CATCH THE TITANS
Cal State Fullerton home volleyball matches will be broadcast live over the internet at FullertonTitans.com. The Titans also offer live streaming video for home volleyball matches courtesy of Big West TV. Fans can catch all the exclusive action from the comfort of their home computers. To access the links, click on the audio or live video links on the schedule page.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 VS. HAWAI'I || 7:00 PM
Hawai'i at Cal State Fullerton
Series Record: Hawai'i leads 37-0
Home Record: 0-20
Away Record: 0-15
Neutral Record: 0-2
Overall Conference Record: 0-32
PCAA Record: 0-6
Big West Record: 0-26
Current Streak: Lost 37
First Meeting: 11/05/82 vs. Hawai'i, L, 2-0
Last Meeting: 10/29/17 vs. Hawai'i, L, 3-0
• Hawai'i comes into Friday's match a perfect 2-0 in Big West play and 8-5 overall. It claimed the conference crown a year ago and was picked to win it again this year according to the preseason poll. Hawai'i leads the conference in total blocks (131), block assists (206), while placed second in solo blocks.
• McKenna Granato ranks fourth in the league in kills per set (4.09) and overall kills (192). Emily Maglio leads the Big West in blocks per set (1.47), while she's sporting .376 hitting percentage, good for third in the league.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3 VS. CSU BAKERSFIELD | 6:00 PM
CSU Bakersfield at Cal State Fullerton
Series Record: CSF leads 2-0
Home Record: 1-0
Away Record: 0-0
Neutral Record: 1-0
Current Streak: Won 2
First Meeting: 10/25/07 vs. CSUB, W, 3-0
Last Meeting: 09/07/12 at Cal Poly, W, 3-1
CSU BAKERSFIELD NOTES
• The Roadrunners are sitting at 8-8 and 2-0 in the WAC. CSU Bakersfield holds a 757 to 718 advantage in total kills. It also holds a 1031 to 977 dig advantage.
• Haylee Roberts leads the team in with 155 kills
• The Mustangs were picked to finish second in the league according to the Big West preseason poll.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7 AT UC RIVERSIDE || 4:00 PM
Cal State Fullerton at UC Riverside
Series Record: CSF leads, 29-7
Home Record: 17-2
Away Record: 12-5
Overall Conference Record: 27-6
Big West Record: 27-6
Current Streak: Lost 1
First Meeting: 09/14/84 vs. UCR, W, 2-0
Last Meeting: 11/04/17 at UCR, L, 3-0
UC RIVERSIDE NOTES
• UC Riverside enters match 4-11 overall and 0-3 in the Big West. The Highlanders are tied for ninth in the league
• Each team won on its home floor last year, with the Titans winning 3-1 and UCR winning 3-0. Nicole Rodriquez ranks fourth in the league in digs per set (4.17). She ranks fifth in overall digs (217).
• UCR was picked to finish eighth in the Big West according to the preseason conference poll.
• Cal State Fullerton already has four wins this season after securing just six last year after going winless in 2015.
• In their wins, the Titans haven't messed around, as three of their four victories have been three set sweeps, with the other one going just four sets.
• Fullerton has battled all season long, but have gotten unlucky when it comes to rallies. The Titans are 0-4 in five-set matches so far, while they've dropped the first two sets and have rallied to win the third and fourth set in three of those contests.
• Madeline Schneider leads the team eight double-digit kill performances with a team best 168 kills and 3.05 kills per set. She ranks second on the team with five double-doubles.
Freshman libero Savahna Costello has done it all defensively for the Titans this year. She leads the squad in service aces (18), total digs (220) and digs per set (4.07). Her digs rank fourth in the league. She was named to All-Tournament Teams in back-to-back weekends. She was awarded Towson Tiger Invitational honors, eventually leading to Big West Freshman of the Week honors on Sept. 11. She was also named to the Indiana State All-Tournament Team.
The Titans recently ended a brutal stretch, where Fullerton played eight of nine contests away from Titan Gym. The Titans' Friday matchup with Hawaii will be the first of a mini two-match homestand.
The wins may not always be there, but the Titans refuse to give up. Fullerton owns an 11-8 record in sets three and four as opposed to just a 11-19 mark in sets one and two.
HAPPY TO HELP
Nastassja Bowman leads all Titans with 393 assists and 7.28 assists per set. She also leads the squad in double-doubles with six. Her 7.39 assists per set rank eighth in the league.