Cal State Fullerton (8-7, 1-2) at UC Riverside (1-14, 0-3)
SRC Arena | Riverside, Calif.
Saturday, Oct. 12 - 7 p.m. PT
Series Record: Cal State Fullerton leads 23-4
First Meeting: Sept. 14, 1984 vs. UC Riverside (15-10, 15-6)
Current Streak: Won 16| Last 10 Meetings: 10-0
THE WEEK AHEAD
Cal State Fullerton continues Big West Conference play this weekend with the short trip to UC Riverside (1-14, 0-3).
FOLLOW THE TITANS
Fans can keep up with the latest in Titans athletics by following us on Facebook (CSUF.Athletics), Twitter (@FullertonTitans) and YouTube.com (YouTube.com/csfathletics). In addition, the volleyball team has established its own official Twitter page (@FullertonVB).
CATCH ALL THE ACTION
Television - None
Streaming Video - Streaming video for both matches this weekend will be available at BigWestTV.org.
Audio Webcast - Audio webcasts for both matches this weekend will be available at www.FullertonTitans.com.
Live Stats - Live in-game stats for both matches this weekend will be available at www.FullertonTitans.com
It's autograph night at Titan Gym on Saturday. Following the match against the Cal State Northridge Matadors, the 2013 Titans will be available for autographs.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.FullertonTitans.com, or at the Cal State Fullerton Athletics Ticket Office, which is located in the Titan House on campus off of Gymnasium Drive on the northeast side of Titan Gym. Game day sales and will call tickets will open an hour prior to the scheduled time at the specific venue.
AN INSIDE LOOK AT THE WEEK AHEAD
• UC Riverside (1-14, 0-3) has lost six straight matches, and the Highlanders only win this season was a four-set victory over Winthrop on Sept. 14.
• UC Riverside ranks last in the Big West Conference in five categories: hitting percentage (.121), opponent hitting percentage (.258), assists per set (10.27), kills per set (10.78) and blocks per set (1.25).
• UCR's Maddie Hubbell averages 3.80 digs per set, a total that ranks third in the Big West.
• Ashley Cox leads the Highlanders averaging 2.89 kills per set.
• UC Riverside is one of two Big West schools that the Titans hold an all-time winning record against along with UC Davis. Dating back to 1984, the Titans lead 23-4 in the all-time series. Fullerton has been victorious in its last 16 meetings against UC Riverside. The Titans last lost to the Highlanders on Oct. 28, 2004 in five sets at Titan Gym. Fullerton last lost to the Highlanders in Riverside on Sept. 21, 2002 in three sets.
RECAPPING LAST WEEK
• Cal State Fullerton earned its first Big West win of the year, holding off UC Davis in a five-set (25-26, 25-11, 25-27, 21-25, 15-11) victory last Friday night at Titan Gym. The Titans now hold a record of 2-2 in five-set matches in 2013, and Fullerton's all-time record against UC Davis is 13-5. Alyse Hensley set new career highs in kills (20) and digs (32). Julie Consani's 61 assists also marked a career best.
• On Saturday, Fullerton was swept by Cal State Northridge (23-25, 12-25, 24-26). Faith Rockmore totaled a match and career high 11 kills against the Matadors.
• Fullerton has lost five straight matches to Cal State Northridge.
• The Titans were have been swept five times this season, and Fullerton has lost four of its last five matches.
• Cal State Fullerton is holding opponents to an attacking percentage of .158 which leads the Big West Conference.
• The Titans' average of 17.51 digs per set also leads the Big West, and rates ninth in the country.
• Alyse Hensley's average of 2.98 kills per set leads Cal State Fullerton and ranks ninth in the Big West.
• Julie Consani's average of 10.89 assists per set ranks second in the Big West Conference and rates 37th in the country.
• McKenna Painton's rate of 0.28 aces per set ranks ninth in the Big West, and her 4.44 digs per set top the league while rating 96th in the country.
• Julie Consani's 1,535 career assists rank seventh all-time at Cal State Fullerton.
Senior transfer Alyse Hensley followed up an all-tournament performance at the UNLV Invitational with an MVP effort at the Fullerton Classic. Hensley was named MVP of the tournament after averaging 3.14 kills per set and attacking at a rate of .337. She added a team-leading eight service aces along with 34 digs and nine blocks while totaling back-to-back double-doubles last Saturday.
McKenna Painton was also named to the Fullerton Classic all-tournament team after averaging 4.31 digs per set and adding five aces.
Bre Moreland was named to the Lone Star Showdown all-tournament team after averaging 3.22 kills and 4.78 digs per set. In addition Paige Reed was named to the Lone Star Showdown all-tournament team after averaging 4.67 digs per set.
2013 BIG WEST PRESEASON POLL
For the second straight year, the University of Hawai'i has been selected as the Big West Conference's top pick in the women's volleyball preseason poll, as selected by the nine league coaches. The Rainbow Wahine were a unanimous favorite, collecting all nine first-place votes en route to an 81-point total. Cal State Fullerton finished in seventh place with 35 points.
Entering her 12th season at Cal State Fullerton, Carolyn Zimmerman possesses an all-time record of 169-174 (.493). The sixth head coach in Fullerton's 37-year history, Zimmerman is the winningst (.493) head coach in CSF volleyball program history.