April 28, 2006
Indian Wells, Calif. -
No. 2-seeded UC Irvine beat No. 7-seeded Cal State Fullerton, 4-0, Thursday morning in the quarterfinals of the Big West Conference women's tennis tournament at Indian Wells Tennis Club.
The Anteaters advance to play in the semifinals against this afternoon's winner between No. 3-seeded Cal Poly and No. 6-seeded Pacific. Fullerton ends its season with a 6-16 record.
1. Agababian/Kaloi (UCI) def. Inalpulat/Le (CSF), 8-6
2. Becky Bernhard/Siddall (UCI) def. Dunbar/Injejikian (CSF), 8-2
3. Jayme Hu/Shih (UCI) vs. Inglis/Tran (CSF), DNF
1. Becky Bernhard (UCI) vs. Gina Le (CSF) DNF
2. Inna Agababian (UCI) vs. Ruya Inalpulat (CSF) DNF
3. Ashley Siddall (UCI) vs. Mai-Ly Tran(CSF) DNF
4. Izabela Mijic (UCI) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF) 6-3, 6-0
5. Heidi Kaloi (UCI) def. Shelly Injejikian (CSF) 6-1, 6-1
6. Ali Borowicz (UCI) def. Chip Dunbar (CSF) 6-1, 6-1