April 17, 2007
FULLERTON, CA - The Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team extended its winning streak to four consecutive matches on Tuesday afternoon, handing Cal State Bakersfield a 7-0 loss at the Titan Courts in Fullerton, Calif.
With the victory, the Titans improved to 5-15 overall while the loss dropped the Roadrunners to 1-10 overall this season.
Fullerton began the match with a sweep of doubles to take a 1-0 lead in the match, winning at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles by identical 8-1 scores while the team of Shelly Injejikian and Cheyanne Inglis won at No. 2 doubles by an 8-2 score.
Singles play was dominated by the Titans as they swept all six matches in straight sets to clinch the shutout. None of the six singles players for Fullerton lost more than two games in a set while senior Gina Le shutout Cal State Bakersfield's Kati Lynott, 6-0, 6-0, at the No. 1 position.
Cal State Fullerton closes out its regular season on Thursday with a home match against UC San Diego at 2 p.m.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Cal State Fullerton (7) vs. CSU Bakersfield (0)
1. Gina Le (CSF) def. Kati Lynott (CSUB); 6-0, 6-0
2. Mai-Ly Tran (CSF) def. Sara Mijwel (CSUB); 6-2, 6-0
3. Katrina Domela (CSF) def. Isabela Kasselstrand (CSUB); 6-0, 6-1
4. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF) def. Kaydee Graham (CSUB); 6-1, 6-1
5. Jerusha Cruz (CSF) def. Leslie BAgley (CSUB); 6-1, 6-2
6. Brandy Andrews (CSF) def. Jennifer Paet (CSUB); 6-1, 6-2
1. Le/Tran (CSF) def. Lynott/Graham (CSUB); 8-1
2. Injejikian/Inglis (CSF) def. Mijwel/Kasselstrand (CSUB); 8-2
3. Domela/Cruz (CSF) def. Finoa Kelly/Paet (CSUB); 8-1