Feb. 27, 2007
FULLERTON, CA - The Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team dropped its 12th consecutive match on Tuesday afternoon as visiting Fresno Pacific swept all nine matches en route to a 7-0 victory over the Titans.
The NAIA Sunbirds won their ninth straight match as they swept all three doubles matches to claim the doubles point and won five of the six singles matches in straight sets for the victory.
Only the No. 6 singles match went to three sets as FPU's Megan Hanner defeated Brandy Andrews, 2-6, 6-0, 6-2.
The loss drops Fullerton to 1-12 overall on the season. The Titans return to the court on Friday (March 2) as they host UC Davis at 1:30 p.m. on campus.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Fresno Pacific (7) at Cal State Fullerton (0)
Doubles (must win 2 of 3 matches for one team point)
1. Pandzic/Laib (FPU) def. Le/Tran (CSF), 8-4
2. Minova/Karavayeva (FPU) def. Inglis/Injejikian (CSF), 8-1
3. Hanner/Ferot (FPU) def. Domela/Cruz (CSF), 8-5
Singles (each match worth one team point)
1. Jelena Pandzic (FPU) def. Gina Le; 6-1, 6-2
2. Angie Minova (FPU) def. Mai-Ly Tran; 6-3, 6-1
3. Anna Karavayeva (FPU) def. Katrina Domela; 6-0, 6-1
4. Andrey Laib (FPU) def. Shelly Injejikian; 6-2, 6-4
5. Amandine Ferot (FPU) def. Jerusha Cruz; 6-4, 6-4
6. Megan Hanner (FPU) def. Brandy Andrews; 2-6, 6-0, 6-2