Feb. 22, 2006
FULLERTON, CA - The Cal State Fullerton women's tennis team snapped its eight-match losing streak on Wednesday afternoon, defeating Hawaii by a 5-2 count at the Titan Courts.
The Titans improved to 2-8 overall on the season while the Wahine fell to 0-8 in losing their fourth-straight match.
Fullerton opened by sweeping all three doubles matches by dominating margins to take an early 1-0 lead in the match. Gina Le (No. 1), Ruya Inalpulat (No. 2), Shelly Injejikian (No. 5), and Chip Dunbar (No. 6) then claimed victory in singles play to clinch the victory.
All but Inalpulat's singles victory were in straight sets.
Cal State Fullerton returns to action on Sunday (Feb. 26) at 10 a.m. against Nevada at the Titan Courts on campus.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Feb. 22, 2006 - Fullerton, Calif.
1. Gina Le (CSF) def. Chloe Bihag (HAW), 7-6, 6-1
2. Ruya Inalpulat (CSF) def. Kana Aikawa (HAW), 6-7, 6-2 (10-5)
3. Erin Katayama (HAW) def. Mai-Ly Tran (CSF), 0-6, 6-2, 6-1
4. Samanta Cappella (HAW) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF), 5-7, 6-3 (13-11)
5. Shelly Injejikian (CSF) def. Florence Waska (HAW), 6-3, 6-4
6. Chip Dunbar (CSF) def. Fenja Shaw (HAW), 6-0, 6-0
1. Inalpulat/Le (CSF) def. Katayama/Julia Sandborn (HAW), 8-2
2. Injejikian/Tran (CSF) def. Aikawa/Bihag (HAW), 8-3
3. Dunbar/Inglis (CSF) def. Cappella/Wasko (HAW), 8-1