Jan. 22, 2007
FULLERTON, CA - Cal State Fullerton senior Mai-Ly Tran and sophomore Shelly Injejikian each posted singles wins, but it wasn't enough as Hawaii handed the Titans a 4-2 defeat on Monday afternoon at the Titan Courts.
Fullerton fell to 1-2 overall on the season.
Senior Mai-Ly Tran snapped a three-match losing streak to start the season, winning at No. 4 singles in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2, over Hawaii's Jacqui Williams.
Injejikian won her second singles match in her last three outings, defeating Flo Wasko at No. 5 singles, 7-6, 7-6, to gain the Titans' second and final point of the afternoon.
The Rainbow Wahine won the top three singles matches all in straight sets while Sami Cappella also posted a win at No. 6 singles, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, over Fullerton freshman Brandy Andrews for the only extended match of the day.
The three doubles matches were not played.
Cal State Fullerton returns to action on Wednesday (Jan. 24) at 1:30 p.m. as they travel down the coast to take on San Diego.
NCAA WOMEN'S TENNIS
Cal State Fullerton (2) vs. Hawai'i (4)
1. Kana Aikawa (UH) def. Gina Le (CSF), 6-3, 6-2
2. Sophie Kobuch (UH) def. Katrina Domela (CSF), 7-6, 7-5
3. Chloe Bihag (UH) def. Cheyenne Inglis (CSF), 6-2, 6-0
4. Mai-Ly Tran (CSF) def. Jacqui Williams (UH), 6-3, 6-2
5. Shelly Injejikian (CSF) def. Flo Wasko (UH), 7-6, 7-6
6. Sami Cappella (UH) def. Brandy Andrews (CSF), 6-3, 3-6, 6-3