FULLERTON, Calif. – UC Davis won five singles matches and the clinched the doubles point in a 6-1 victory over Cal State Fullerton at the Titan Tennis Courts on Saturday afternoon.
With the loss, Fullerton falls to 8-9 overall and to 2-4 in Big West Conference matches, while the Aggies improve to 6-8 overall and 2-1 in league play.
UC Davis started singles play with a 1-0 lead after winning at the No. 1 and No. 3 spots, respectively, in the doubles lineup.
In singles play, Fullerton junior Morgan McIntosh was the only Titan to record a victory, defeating Layla Sanders, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 2 in the lineup. With the win, McIntosh improves to 8-7 in dual match play and 2-3 in the Big West.
McIntosh also picked up a win in doubles action partnering with Kalika Slevcove to defeat Nicole Koehly and Sanders, 8-4, at No. 2 in the lineup. The team of McIntosh and Slevcove improves to 8-4 in 2013.
Since UC Davis joined the conference in 2008, the Titans are winless against the Aggies.
Fullerton returns to action next week, hosting three matches at the Titan Tennis Courts. Colorado State visits on Wednesday (2 p.m.), followed by Wyoming on Thursday (2 p.m.) and Pacific on Sunday, March 24, at 10 a.m.
1. Megan Heneghan (UCD) def. Tiffany Mai (CSF), 6-1, 6-3
2. Morgan McIntosh (CSF) def. Layla Sanders (UCD), 6-0, 6-1
3. Lauren Curry (UCD) def. Monica Rodriguez (CSF), 6-3, 7-5
4. Melissa Kobayakawa (UCD) def. Kalika Slevcove (CSF), 4-6, 6-4, (10-8)
5. Ellie Edles (UCD) def. Megan Sandford (CSF), 6-1, 6-2
6. Nicole Koehly (UCD) def. Rebekkah Ermac (CSF), 6-3, 6-2
1. Edles/ Tiffany Pham (UCD) def. Mai/Rodriguez (CSF), 8-5
2. McIntosh/Slevcove (CSF) def. Koehly/Sanders (UCD), 8-4
3. Heneghan/ Kobayakawa (UCD) def. Ermac/Sandford (CSF), 8-2