May 29, 2011
Indianapolis, Ind. - The NCAA Selection Committee has chosen Cal State Fullerton's Goodwin Field as one of 16 host sites for the 2011 NCAA Baseball Regionals to be held June 3-6, 2011.
The Big West Conference champion Titans are participating in the postseason for the 20th straight season and 33rd time in 37 years at the Division I level.
2011 marks the tenth time since 2000 that Fullerton will host the first round of the NCAA postseason tournament. Prior to 2000, the Titans made 21 Regional appearances, all on the road.
The complete 64-team field, with first-round regional pairings and site assignments, will be revealed in a live, half-hour telecast on ESPN at 9:30 a.m. (PT), Monday, May 30. The 30-minute program will originate from ESPN studios in Bristol, Connecticut.
2011 NCAA Regional Host Sites
1. Georgia Tech (Atlanta, Ga.)
2. Texas (Austin, Tex.)
3. Cal State Fullerton (Fullerton, Calif.)
4. North Carolina (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
5. Virginia (Charlottesville, Va.)
6. Clemson (Clemson, S.C.)
7. Texas A&M (College Station, Tex.)
8. South Carolina (Columbia, S.C.)
9. Oregon State (Corvallis, Ore.)
10. TCU (Fort Worth, Tex.)
11. Florida (Gainesville, Fla.)
12. Rice (Houston, Tex.)
13. UCLA (Los Angeles, Calif.)
14. Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.)
15.Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.)
16. Arizona State (Tempe, Ariz.)