Cal State Fullerton to Host 2008 Baseball Regional
May 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN - Cal State Fullerton's Goodwin Field has been selected to be one of 16 host sites for the 2008 NCAA Baseball Regionals to be held from May 30 to June 2.
By virtue of Fullerton being named a host site, the Titans officially advance to the postseason for the 17th straight season, and 30th time overall in 34 years at the Division I level.
In seven seasons of hosting a Regional since 2000, The Titans have a home Regional record of 19-5, and have gone on to reach the College World Series four times. Cal State Fullerton last hosted a Regional in 2006.
2008 NCAA Regional Host Sites
1. Miami (Fla.) (47-8), Coral Gables, Fla.
2. North Carolina (46-12), Chapel Hill, N.C.
3. Florida St. (48-10), Tallahassee, Fla.
4. Arizona State (45-11), Tempe, Ariz.
5. Rice (42-13), Houston, Tex.
6. Cal State Fullerton (37-19), Fullerton, Calif.
7. Nebraska (40-14-1), Lincoln, Neb.
8. Oklahoma State (42-16), Stillwater, Okla.
9. LSU (43-16-1), Baton Rouge, La.
10. Georgia (35-21-1), Athens, Ga.
11. Michigan (45-12), Ann Arbor, Mich.
12. Texas A&M (43-16) College Station, Tex.
13. Coastal Carolina (47-12), Conway, S.C.
14. Long Beach State (37-19), Long Beach, Calif.
15. North Carolina State (38-20), Raleigh, N.C.
16. Stanford (33-20-2), Stanford, Calif.
The full 64-team tournament field will be announced Monday, May 26 on ESPN at 9:30 a.m. PT